Saturday, April 9, 2011

News about My Husband

I got a call about five minutes ago from my husband's Lieutenant.  The moment he introducted himself, I knew something was wrong.  Although he did not mention the cause of his call, he provided me with a number I can contact my husband.

As I quickly dialed the number, my husband's voice at the other end soothed my anxiety.  He shared that he was in the hospital for medical treatment of a bruised spleen during combat training. During some routine testings, they have also discovered some spots on his liver.  Therefore he will be hospitalized until further testings.

My husband's spirit is crushed. Not so much because of his health but because it takes him away from training his unit as time is drawing near.  His selfless love for those who have been entrusted to him, supersedes his needs.  For this I love this man!

Despite of this news, I will not be dismayed.  For God is in control of all things.  What the enemy caused for evil, the Lord will turn around for the good.  What that may be, I don't know? But I will continue to wait upon the Lord and trust in Him alone.

Romans 8:28 And we know that to them that love God, all things work together unto good, to such as, according to his purpose, are called to be saints.

Please keep Rey in your prayers.  Pray his strength, his health and his peace.....

2 comments:

  1. When the enemy presses in hard do not fear, the battle belongs to the Lord. Glory, Honor, Power and Strength to the Lord. Standing with you, Rey and Sammie! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura yes the enemy is trying...Thank you for standing with us....love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers of this Page: