Thursday, April 28, 2011

Army Drama

I was enlightened yesterday to the fact that "army drama" is experienced by many women whose husbands are deployed! Descriptions of crabbiness, grumpiness, insensitivity towards the emotional state of the wives and erratic behavior were shared!  I was like "wow", so I'm not the only one!  Whewww...thank God! 

This is only my second deployment experience and pray that it will be the last (Lord, did you hear that request, please!). The first one was in 2009 and I must say that it was rough!  I had no clue what was happening and why!  All the transitions were less than smooth.  I am grateful to God that through it all I was still able to experience peace, love, joy, patience, and self-control.  It was not of my own, but through His Spirit that dwells in me.  I was determined to trust God despite it all.  Every time I receive a not-so-loving phone call, I prayed.  I prayed for my husband's mind, heart and soul as well as mine. 

So as I stand here today in yet another deployment and the drama that follows, I have set my eyes upon My Helper. 

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help" ~ Psalm 121:1


 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: