Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oh No! I forgot my son!

Stress is hazardous to your health and especially the brain!

This week has been -  oh, how can I say without sounding negative....hmmmmmn.....STRESSFUL!! lol

At first,  Sammy, my five year old  got cooties from school! He had a stomach virus that consisted mainly of fever and VOMITTING!  Oh gosh, he puked all over my mustard colored couches, the floor and outside of the toilet bowl that he was hugging!  He had very bad aim!!!  Gotta work on that! This lasted for two and a half days! On top of that, hubby calls and let's just say that he is NOT himself! 

Eventually Sam got better BUT then I get an emergency phone that leads me to drive out four and a half hours away.  Upon my drive returning home, we get lost and what should have been another 4 1/2 hrs turned into an 8 hour drive.  Therefore we got home at 1am this morning.  I was extremely exhausted!

I dragged myself  out of bed this morning and took Sam to school because he was out sick already for two days. I dove right back into bed when I returned! WELL, I happen to forget that today is Wednesday in which they have half a day and in my napping I overslept!  What was amusing is that I was sooooooo excited that there was NO line at the school when I arrived at 3pm.  Usually there are cars lined up waiting to pick up their children.  But then I noticed that there was NOT a single car out there.  Hmmmmn....Then panic struck!  Oh my gosh! Today is Wednesday!  I quickly parked my car and ran to the office to find my son sitting there with the secretary! 

I felt so bad! The secretary said she tried to call me, but unfortunately I had forgotten to update my house number.  My son looked at me with worried eyes and said "Mommy, I thought you left me"....

I hugged him and reassured him that I will never leave him.....He found comfort in my words and a smile replaced the frown! 

The week is not over yet and I can only imagine what is in store but regardless I know that through the stress, my comfort is the Lord.  For He reassures me that He never leaves me or forsakes me (Dueteronomy 31:6)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Find comfort In His Words and allow Him to replace your frown with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: