Friday, April 22, 2011

Light in the Midst of Darkness

There are days that may seem like all we ever will walk in is darkness.  The pressures of our daily lives accompanied by a deployment can take us over the edge.  There are moments you don't know whether to cry, scream or run from it all. 

I am so grateful that despite the stress, the loneliness, the moments in which my husband's reactions may be heart wrenching, I am not alone.  I may sit in a dark place for a moment, but surely "Light" comes to allow me to see that He is there to guide me in times when I cannot see my way through!

I know that I am not the only one experiencing such moments.  There are countless women who right now are wetting their pillows with tears and crying out for God to hear their cries.  Their prayers consists of protection and the return of their husbands, for financial provisions, for their children and most of all for strength to endure the darkest hours they find themselves in. 

Also I know that there is a God who bends over and lends His ears to us. Our cries do not go in vain!  He is loving and compassionate and desires for us to give Him our burdens so that in return we may receive His peace and rest. 

As I lay my head on my pillow, and my tears begin to fall.....they are being captured in His loving hands.  He will gently caress my hair and gently move the strands that covers my eyes and softly say,

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness (Jeremiah 31:3)
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.(Matthew 11:28)

My Prayer: O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress ~ Isaiah 33:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: