Thursday, March 31, 2011

Waving the White Flag

 This morning I have received renewed strength as I have lain before the Lord through out the night.  All I did was wave my white flag of surrender. Tears flowed and a heart of repentance and desperateness was offered unto Him. No longer can I move on my own, nor do I desire to.  These last few days, God has shown me the deeper things that are hidden within me.  Exposure leaves you vulnerable but acknowledging the truth heals.  I chose the latter for my soul desperately needs deliverance.

I encourage you today to also seek the latter: truth that heals.  It’s so easy to get entangled in our emotions during this time - loneliness, anger, jealousy, insecurities, doubts, fears and sadness.  The daily burdens cause us to be bent over in distress.  Our troubles are magnified when we are weary producing hopelessness.  We may feel that our cries go in vain and we cease to pray.  Allow the Lord to deliver you from your despair.  Whatever it may be that you struggle with at this very moment, I implore you to wave your flag of surrender and take refuge under the Banner of His Love.  You may feel that nobody understands what you are going through, but I know of One who does. His Name is Jesus. 

Although I have not slept, I feel strengthened as He saturated me in His love and peace! I would have not received if I had not surrendered ALL!  It’s not enough just to give Him some parts of your heart, give Him access to all the areas that you struggle with as difficult as it may be for you.  Know that you are entrusting your fragile heart to the One Who mends the broken heart, The Potter who shapes and molds, The One Who is Light dispelling your darkness, The God of Love who will tenderize and saturate your heart with His unconditional love….......................
Surrender All

When you find yourself in trouble,
or suffering or distressed
come to your Father
the one that knows you best.

Although Our Father knows,
the burdens of your heart,
He needs you to surrender all,
so He can do His part.

Praying without ceasing,
according to His word,
persistence is the key
and know that you are heard.

Our way is not His way,
Our time is not His time
but you have His assurance
His Glory He will shine.

~Maggie Rodriguez
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts. ~ Isaiah 55:8-9

Isaiah 60:1 "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.


Surrendering ALL
TAKE UP YOUR FLAG TODAY!!
"Pray without ceasing." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:17

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mags! Thank you so much for sharing this at our meeting this morning! I am very aware that you have had to become a strong woman because of the various trials and situations that you have had to stand through and stand against in your life. So proud of you, and your ability, to even lay down your own strength and lay before Abba. He alone is our strength and shield. YOU are loved! :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I needed to read this today. Thank you for sharing. I am at a place where I need to surrender all to Him, for I know that I can't do anything without God's strength. I have prayed so many times for God to take control, that I am surrendering my life, but I just don't feel that it has happened! If you have any suggestions or advice, I would so appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni! I truly know where you are at. It took me just to throw myself before the Lord without words but just tears. I continued to do this day after day until I found a release of the burden in my heart. All along I have tried to sustain myself by my means, when all along the Lord was getting my attention through this burden that I was taking over His job. What I was trying to do for myself, He desired to do because He knows the effectiveness it will have versue my failed attempts. What I received was far more than I could have ever mustered on my own and that is peace even through the storms of life,.....

    ReplyDelete

Followers of this Page: