Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Place I Most Want to Be......

Today as I was sitting on the couch, I happen to look at my coffee table and thought of my husband.

You may ask “How does a coffee table remind you of your husband?”  Well I’m glad you asked…LOL

You see, I had found this table out in the curbside as we were driving one day.  We hauled it in the trunk and I envisioned the end result once I slap some paint on it! This once piece of garbage, quickly became my treasure! 

Well, I still can’t see what this has to do with your husband?” Okay…I’m getting there.

I valued my work of art so much.  I placed butterfly coasters that matched the colors I painted the table and a nice candle in the middle to add the finishing touch!  WELL, my lovely husband had a tendency to put his feet on the table and rub his toe back and forth on the edge as he watched television!!  UGH!! 

This would drive me crazy.  I would sit there silently and anxiously looking at his big toe rub away at my beautiful coffee table!  I tried very hard to hold my composure when suddenly I yelled “STOP!”  After 15 minutes of his toe rubbing, I lost it!  He couldn’t understand why I made such a big fuss.  He mentioned that I possibly may be suffering from OCD: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!  Well, even though there may be a little truth to that, I rebuke it in Jesus Name!!!!!

BUT Oh! How I wish he was home right NOW rubbing his toes on it!  I miss his presence!

Sometimes we give more emphasis and value to things that have no worth compared to what is truly valuable.  

We store up treasures while neglecting the greatest gift given to us.  The gift of our spouse!  We may not always see them as such because hey, we ARE married and we go through stuff…LOL….but overall, they are! Just as we are to them!

“The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.”
(Matthew 6:21 The Message)

Well, I certainly don’t want to be with my coffee table! I want to end up being in my husband’s arms forever!  And most importantly Jesus’ for an eternity! Our treasures are in Heaven!

So, when he comes home next week, I’m gonna let him rub his big toe all over my table! Well maybe not ALL over…LOL…Let’s not get too crazy….By the way, please pray and stand against any OCD symptoms that may try to creep in!!! LOL…


“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” ~ Matthew 6:20 NIV









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: