Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"This Too Shall Pass"

Loneliness was settling in this morning.  I can feel the shadow that is covering my heart; sitting heavily.  

It’s been two weeks since my husband has left for training.  Although we have been able to communicate, there is this emptiness inside.  Previous to his departure, I had built a wall of strength on my own - preparing a fortress that I can hide behind; one that is made of stone and will not crumble in the days to come. But now I find myself buried in my emotions that I have so long suppressed.  They are arising quickly with a fierceness cracking the walls I built around my heart.  My fortress is crumbling and I feel vulnerable, exposed and weak.

All I have built to protect myself from the pain of this deployment has been shattered.  

Memories of his last deployment came rushing in like a flood.  Our separation was difficult. It was not easy by far.  

I come to understand that it is necessary for the walls to come down.  For the foundations that I have laid to be torn and uprooted!  Otherwise, how can I overcome these battles if I am fighting alone on my own strength?  How will my Father be able to rescue me if I hide behind these stone walls in my heart?  How else can He build a new foundation of His Strength within me?  

So I cry out! "Father give me YOUR strength! Come! Tear down my fortress that I may abide in Yours!"

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. ~ Psalm 18:2

His reminder to me as well as to you is “This too shall pass”! 

We all have in the past and presently gone through hardships and we are still standing.  Regardless of what may come on our path, we have a place in where to take refuge:  THE LORD; OUR GOD!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: