Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ask, Seek & Knock

As I went about my day, I couldn't help but feel the sting of emptiness. I tried to busy myself with so many things but to no avail.  Instead when I settled in and came into a quiet moment I took notice that despite my attempts to fill the void in my heart, I had failed to seek the One who can.

In all my seeking, I neglected to ask God for comfort and peace. "Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; though shalt cry and he shall say, Here I am." ~ Isaiah 58:9

All I had to do was knock on the Father's heart and He would have glady opened the door.  Ready to release what I needed!

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." ~Matthew 7:7

Father,
Forgive me for neglecting to seek you as my source of all. 
I allowed self-pity to consume me and took it upon myself to relieve my emptiness with senseless efforts.  Lord, I know that despite how I may feel, you are always with me for your word says that you never leave me or forsake me.  
Lord, fill the emptiness with your presence and give me rest for my weary soul.  That in my loneliness, I may turn to you  instead in prayer, to ask, seek and knock for your help. 
I thank you Lord for your continuous mercy, grace and love and most of all for being the Lifter of my soul. 
 I love you! 
I rest in you in the Name of Jesus, I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: