Monday, March 14, 2011

"Sleepless In Florida"

Okay, so I didn't go to sleep unitl this morning at 5a.m.! AND had to get up in two hours to prepare my son for school! Of course, I didn't make the two hour mark! I woke up frantically at 8am, when usually that's the time we are heading out!

Oh how things became chaotic so quickly. "ALL common sense" was still in "sleep mode" as I was trying to figure out breakfast, packing lunch, getting dressed, and the car keys: oh gosh where's my keys! Racing quickly down the streets (unwise) trying to catch the green light, I feel my wheels wobbling.  Okay.  Now what? So it was either slowing down and be late or pop a wheel and never get there!  So my discernment kicked in and I slowed down. 

Sleep deprivation is NOT wise! I saw the effects not only in my functionality or lack of; but in my attitude! Talk about losing patience! I was like a drill sargeant commanding my little one "get up", "get dressed", "brush your teeth", "eat", "hurry up"!  Poor baby, he was frazzled and was trying to keep up with all my demands. 

Have you ever had a morning like this?

All in all, we must not lose sight that despite how complicated our life may get as we hold the fort down, we must discern when our mind, body and soul needs rest. 

Let us command our soul: "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." ~Psalm 62:5



My child, don’t lose sight of common sense and discernment. Hang on to them, for they will refresh your soul. They are like jewels on a necklace. They keep you safe on your way,and your feet will not stumble. You can go to bed without fear;you will lie down and sleep soundly.
Proverbs 3:21-24


2 comments:

  1. Maggie,

    You are a delight & such a precious, beautiful person. I hope your bracelet didnt break when it got hooked on my shirt Sunday at church.
    Love you more,
    Pamela Dickert-Hurst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela! Aaaaaw thanks! Bracelet is fine! Its seems I was hooking up to everyone I hugged...LOL...Much Love...xo

    ReplyDelete

Followers of this Page: