Saturday, April 30, 2011

Why ASK?

Okay, this is a little venting session for me so bare with me. 

I'm sure many of the military wives can relate to this because truly its so discouraging to receive a phone call from the hubby only to get in a few words. 

Conversation: 

Husband: "Hey, how are you?
Wife:  "I'm good"
Husband:  "Did you pay the bills"
Wife:  "Yes"
Husband: "So anything new going on"
Wife:  "OH Yeah (excited voice)! I wanted to share this awesome........."
Husband: "Ok well I got to go, we talk later and we can share then"
Wife:  "Yeah Okay (disappointed voice) sure"....

Believe me I am grateful that even if its a minute I am able to hear his voice (well it depends on the tone I guess..lol).  But seriously, why ask me what's new if there is no time to share!  I begin so excitedly to share something wonderful that I may have experienced or even share the current "going ons" with our family like Sammy receiving an award from Voyager at school or something the Lord has done in our family!  But I am left with my words hanging in the air and a crushed spirit. 

I'm just pouting and having a pity-pary session.  It is NOT an open invitation, so please refrain from participating...lol....

Oh but thank God for crashing in on my pity-party with compassion and mercy as He hears me vent and be a cry baby.  NONETHELESS, He sees, hears and lifts my soul - and reminds me that He is always there. 

So to Him, my Beloved  that desires always to hear and be with me, I say "Come, my love, let us go out into the fields and spend the night among the wildflowers. Let us get up early and go out to the vineyards.  Let us see whether the vines have budded, whether the blossoms have opened, and whether the pomegranates are in flower.  And there I will give you my love." ~ Song of Solomon 7:11-12 NLT

I am thankful for the Lover of my soul that continues to wisk me away at a given moment......Although my hubby isn't in a position to give me his total attention and affection, I have ONE that can and tend to my inner needs.  In all essence, He will always be the one who meets all our deepest needs whether hubby is home or not!  We as women, tend to have high expectations that honestly our husbands can't meet but only God!

Thank You Lord....I love you! 

Okay, I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better now!!!   I love my hubby.....but I love the LORD MORE!!!

Thanks for lending an ear.......lol....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: