Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lord, Hug Him for Me.......

This morning I received a call from my husband.  His voice once strong now was weary.  All the stress of training and our separation was causing him despair.  Although he didn't share much on our call, he goes on to text me:

"Please forgive me for not sharing this morning. I just dont want to always be putting my hurts and stressful moments on you. I know you have stresses of your own. But just know that I love you and miss you alot. I wish you were here to hold me."  

I admit that our short conversation left me feeling a little hurt and uneasy because I long for his phone calls.  But after reading his text I come to understand why. His concern for me rather than himself caused my heart to enlarge with love and appreciation.  Where there was hurt, now was comfort. Where there was uneasiness, now was peace. 

I reassured him of my love and my faithfulness to stand by him regardless. Although I am physically unable to hold him as I wish I could, I am embracing him through the Lord. Who is able to hold him close on my behalf.  I pray that he receives it and know that it comes from those who love him dearly: God and myself.

I am aware that this is just the beginning of a journey for us. We both will experience a range of emotions during this time.  All we have to stand on is our love for one another, and more importantly our trust in the Lord. 

For where does our help come from? "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." ~Psalm 121:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: