Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We ARE Under ATTACK!

We've been invaded!  Oh my, now what is up with those insects called "love bugs" in Florida!  I'm not used to this thing! Eeeeeeeeeeew......

Yesterday, I came face to face in battle with these peskly little creatures.  At first, I couldn't make out what they were.  They were slamming into my windshield, going inside the car and swarming around me in the multitudes when I got out of the car!  I'm swatting them from left to right.  I was getting the heebie jeebies!  I was told that if they were separated, they would die!

Well, I don't know how true that is, but jeez can these bugs be a little more private in their honeymooning stage! 


I thought about this for a moment and said "oh if only every marriage be this way".  I mean not the lewd public affection as these creatures so lovingly showcase, but in reference to our union. 

Although we will not die during our separation from our husands during this time, but it does affect us immensely.  Their absence can cause us to fall into depression which is in essence death to the things we once found joy in. 

There is a particular death we can experience during these difficult times if we separate ourselves from Jesus.  That is spiritual death.  Regardless of our circumstances we must be careful not to fall into a spiritual depression causing us  to lose the joy of our salvation.  In essence, like these "love bugs" we must stay connected at all times to the Lord." 
“Abide In Me, And I In You” (John 15:4).

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."~ Psalm 51:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: