Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pulled Over by Officer Friendly

These last few days I have reverted into a newborn.  Up all night and sleep the day!  Well maybe not the whole day but a good part of it!  Lord help me!

Anyway this morning my body was not cooperating with my mind! As I lay in bed, my mind is saying "it's time to get up" and my body responded "no it's not".  Guess who won?  Yep! You guessed it!

Of course we were running late, and the morning ritual of brush the teeth, make breakfast, get dressed, rush the kid, look for keys, rush the kid was in full force at a high velocity!

Whew! We made it on time.  As I dropped Sam off, my mind said "don't  make that u-turn in the parking lot-go straight" and of course my body said "hey I'm tired, I want to go back to bed".  Of course, once again the body won.

Just as I pulled out of the parking lot where I did my u-turn, I see flashing lights behind me.  I said surely that can't be for me!  Well, it was!  Out of all days I didn't even really brush my hair, I threw on a t-shirt and I looked like a hot mess!!  He says "You know why I pulled you over for, right?"....Umnnnnn "No not really? Of course he shared his reasonings with much details and kindness!

Anyway, he asked for my credentials: drivers license, registration and insurance.  Oh gosh, I don't know where my insurance card is.  Darn I told hubby to make sure it was in the car.  Well it wasn't.  So he runs my information through and comes back. 

He proceeded to explain the penalties for my violation, $166 ticket and points to top that.  He must have looked upon my modest appearance to say the least and figured I couldn't pay such a high price since it was evident I couldn't afford a brush to comb my hair!  How embarassing! Ugh!

Therefore, he offers me a second chance and lets me off with a verbal warning.  I was most grateful.  Even though I do have to pay $10 and produce a copy of my insurance card to the courts, I was most relieved!

It just reminds me of how our God is a God of second, third, fourth, trillionth chances.  When we fall short of God's glory, He is faithful to bring us to a place of conviction by His Spirit so we may have an opportunity to  repent.  He mercifully forgives us and reminds us of His commands in the bible so that we may continue to walk on the right path. Although He leaves us with His verbal warning (the Word), and forgave us, there are still consequences we have to walk out. Just like my $10 consequence. 

But overall, He is merciful and thank God so was Officer Friendly.....

"Where is another God like you, who pardons the sins of the survivors among his people? You cannot stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing mercy." -Micah 7:18

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. ~ Psalm 103:8

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. ~ Matthew 5:7

Lord thank you for showing me mercy and I ask that you bless the Officer who shown mercy to me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: