Friday, May 20, 2011

Though He Slay Me......

It's been a few days since I've posted being that so much has been transpiring in my life and family.  It has been one thing after another that I have found an association with Job from the bible. For those not familiar with his life, he experienced loss of his children, his wealth (security), and his health.  All that he possessed was gone in a serious of events within one day (Job 1:13-19).

Although my loss is not to that extent but nonetheless I have suffered a measure.  My children are going through, my husband is going through, our marriage is going through, our finances are going through, and my faith is going through.  Only the Lord knows the extent of my trust in Him and the intimacy we share.  Like Job, I have been considered (Job 1:8).

Not EVERYTHING is an onslaught attack of the enemy as I have come to understand.  Job was considered by the Lord because of his intimate relationship with Him. The enemy challenged Job's fear of the Lord by telling God that if He was to take His hand off all that Job possessed, Job will curse God.

The Lord granted permission for the enemy to take all besides Job's life.  Just the same, permission has been granted for the enemy to touch those very things in my life.  Will I curse God? Will I question His faithfulness? Will I turn away in anger? Will I cease from pursuing His will in my life and return to my own?

Despite it all, I choose to worship God in the midst of it all!  Like Job who rent his robe and shaved his head and fell down upon the ground and worshiped (Job 1:20), I too shall utter:

"Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;" (Job 13:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: