Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Discovered an Oasis

When I returned home this morning from taking Sam to school, I buried myself under the covers in hopes of passing out.  Well, I twisted and turned seeking refuge from the thoughts that danced around my mind.  It seemed they were doing an Irish dance of sort. Whoa, all that skipping, hopping and trebles around my head was keeping me from finding rest. Finally, I was drifting away when SUDDENLY the phone rings and of course its hubby!  We chatted for about five minutes.  Okay so let's try this again.  Oh there it is - eyes are falling, mouth is dropping (ok like I'm the only one who sleeps with their mouth open) and RING RING!

Oh my, for the life of me who is that now?  It was hubby again.  He called to remind me of what he told me five minutes ago! So, we said our "love you's n miss you's" and I tucked the phone under my pillow.  NOW, my falling eyes are wide-eyed and my mouth is tightly gripped in a pout because I CAN'T sleep!

Anyway, I got up and happen to look up an address of a christian book store a friend referred me to.  It led me to their website and I was able to print out a coupon for $5 off!  I was excited! I take the drive over and it was like letting a child loose in a toy store.  I wanted EVERYTHING my eyes laid on - from jewelry, books, sculptures, CDs, DVDs, t-shirts, bookmarks, books, and book and books.  Can you tell I love books? They have a bargain section in the back - Buy one get one free! 

They also have a cafe with snacks and all kinds of gourmet coffee and nice comfy chairs. AND they have a play area for the kids as a movie is playing for them!  Aaaaaaah! This was a little piece of heaven! 

This was wonderful and I felt myself just unwind from this morning's struggle when suddenly my eyes caught a glimpse of a figurine of Jesus embracing a mended red heart.  The scripture read "He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted" ~Isaiah 61:1  There was an overwhelming wave of His love that washed over me at that moment that I began to cry.  Yes, here I was in this store crying because the love I felt from my Lord consumed me.  As I turn the figurine over, the name of it is "Healer".....

This figurine was a reminder that true rest is found in Him and despite the sleepless nights, all the struggles I endure, all the challenges I face, all my despairs, all the thoughts that race in my mind that causes my heart to be shattered - He is my "Healer" - He heals my mind, body and soul and gives me rest!  Truly I discovered an oasis at "Living Word" Christian Store in Sarasota!  Looking forward to many more visits!

(Oasis: a place of peace, safety, or happiness in the midst of trouble or difficulty )



"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;" ~ Isaiah 61:1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: