Saturday, March 30, 2013

LORD, HELP ME



I was left with the option to build my house (family) or tear it down.  I chose to build! Yes I was discouraged and Yes I was upset by the changes that came suddenly into my life.  But I know that God has a plan and the enemy always seeks to destroy that plan.

I have come to trust God for many things before and He has been faithful.  Therefore, I will continue to trust in Him and ask Him to teach me how to build my home.  I ask for a greater capacity to love my husband's daughters and embrace them as my own.



Although I had chosen to build and have prayed - I can't say that it came easy.  After the prayer came the opportunities for me to walk in what I have asked the LORD: to love them as my own.

I come to find that through the process of learning how, God uncovered many things in me that was hindering me from totally giving myself to them.

Despite their behavior there was something that was keeping me from reaching out.

Things at home were very difficult.  Besides these changes in our home there were many changes in my husband.  These past two deployments and the loss of his friends in the war caused him to be in a place that I cannot reach him.

The first few months of his return home which was a month after his daughters came to live with us, were the most challenging.  They haven't seen their dad for over 6 years and quite frankly he was not the same dad they remembered.  It was a bad situation for all of us.  We desperately needed help! So I did what I knew to do and that is run to God because His Word reminded me that ......

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." ~ Psalm 46:1


 LORD HELP ME BUILD........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: