Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WHAT???????????

I remember that day so clearly.  I had returned from visiting family in NJ and my husband was home for a few days before he returned to GA.  As I was unpacking I found him to be rather odd, very edgy - more than usual.

I asked him what was wrong. He nervously told me that he received a letter in the mail that his daughters were removed from the mother's home into foster care and that he was summoned to court to take custody of them.


WHAT??????????  Are you kidding me! (you have to understand the history in order to relate with this statement and reaction ).



For the last 5 years out of our 6 year marriage my husband has been back and forth in between deployments and recuperating from injuries at Walter Reed Hospital.  We were living in NJ at that time when he was in the hospital.  It was an emotional roller coaster for us all.  His absence for such long periods of time left us with a yearning for one another and a strain in our marriage.

It was bad enough that we were becoming distant when once again the time came for another deployment. We decided to move to Florida so I can be near my daughter as he went off to serve.  My hope was in God that he would return safe.  Although because of medical injuries that he sustained in the past did not allow him to deploy, he remained at the base going through therapy.  He was there for over 19 months.

We were not doing so good with distance in between us and the insecurities. There were many times where the emotional abuse was too much to bare.  But as a woman of God, I placed my trust in Him to help me through this all.  I didn't know what to do.  I was struggling to keep it together.  I was holding on to God's promises.  I was believing that once this is over everything will return back to normal.

My husband was just two months from finally coming home for good!  Then this! His daughters are 13 and 11 yrs old.  We have a seven year old son which is biologically my grandson that we been raising as our own.   My biological children are adults and have children of their own.

I was more upset because I was looking forward to spending quality time alone with him so we can begin to heal our marriage.  But that was not possible now that we had them.  On top of that they had their issues that they brought along with them.  There was no room in our small home and I was UPSET!  Everything changed!  I was angry and I questioned God about this all.  How could He allow this to happen at this very time?  Why not a little later when we had our time to mend and reconnect?

My reactions may have been harsh and selfish but I was so discouraged because we had so many plans once he returned home....TO BE CONTINUED...

I will leave you with this....

Proverbs 19:21 -Many are the plans in a person’s heart,    but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: