Saturday, March 23, 2013

What's Next?

Continuing from my previous post "What???" - I want to share what happened next.

As I mentioned I was not a very happy camper with the news of his daughters coming to live with us.  So many thoughts raced around my head and the emotions each thought produced was not exactly positive.  You see that's how the enemy works.  He has you to entertain those negative thoughts so you can react to a particular situation instead of learning to respond.  But anyway....

Well let's just say that I entertained too many thoughts and that's why my reaction was what it was!



It was a challenge for me to embrace these girls.  They had their unique personalities and were accustomed to living a certain way.  They came from an environment of being able to do whatever they chose to do to one of rules and structure - from a household that didn't know God to one that is ALL about God.

I'm sure it was challenging for them.  They were not accustomed to being reprimanded for their behavior or having chores.  They rebelled when they were told what to do especially when it came to bedtime. We had to remind them that they are little girls and to dress appropriately so most of the clothing they came with had to be replaced. Living with a military Dad was surely a rude awakening for them as well.

It was a change for all of us!

I found myself resisting this change.  I didn't ask for it and I didn't want it!  As much as I fought, my circumstance remained.  I had two choices: either build my house or tear it down by my actions.

What choice do you think I made?

"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands." ~ Proverbs 14:1


To be continued.......

Blessings.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: