Monday, March 11, 2013

He's Retiring & I've Been Enlisted!

It's been quite awhile since I've shared on this blog.- more than a year to be exact!  There is a reason why.  So many changes came like a whirlwind.  As he was going through the process of being medically discharged - I was being drafted into the battlefield I was not prepared to enter.

I thought the worst was finally coming to an end as he drew closer to his retirement. Or was it?

He's been home eight months and as grateful as I am to God for answering my prayers of returning my husband to me safely - I was not prepared for the person that arrived.  I say "person" because the man that left to Afghanistan did not return.  Instead another man arrived in the image of my husband!  This man was an   impostor!  "WHERE IS MY HUSBAND" I felt like shouting....

I spent many nights crying and reminiscing of who my husband used to be.  It has taken every strength I had and every ounce of courage to stay in this marriage.



Now can you see why I haven't posted for over a year?  I was enlisted and being trained for the battle ahead - one of the mind, body and soul.   This training had many obstacle courses. I will share them here because I know that I am NOT the only woman who has experienced this.  There are countless women who have been drafted into the same battle as I have.  Many have kept it to themselves for their own personal reasons and I do not blame them.  But I am willing to bare it all for the sake of even one woman finding comfort and encouragement.

God has been my strength when I lost all of mine and He has kept and continues to keep me from dying in the battle.....Truly my heart trusts in Him and because I do - He has helped me get through every bomb that was set up to blow up my marriage!   I SHALL NOT FEAR......

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped:" ~ Ps. 28:7 KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: