Friday, January 5, 2018

Testimony

It's been about three years since I've logged in or posted!  As you can see I gave it a face-lift for 2018! I hope you like it!  I didn't realize that many were still visiting this blog until I saw the visitor feed. I hope that those who have visited have left with some sort of encouragement. 

In the past three years much has transpired! Good, bad and ugly!  Too much to tell in one post.  However, I have to say that the God I serve is a God of restoration! 

Life with a disabled/retired veteran can be somewhat overwhelming.  Although I am grateful that he returned from his deployments and so proud of his service to our country, all that he endured physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually took a toll in him and our marriage.  I'm sure many women can relate.  It's been a hard journey of recovery for my husband and our relationship.  However, God has intervened. 

I want to share a testimony.  Like I mentioned so much has happened and one of those "good" things is the ministry God entrusted me with called "Reviving Dry Bones - Mission Ezekiel 37".... It is a gathering for women.  We fellowship, worship, pray as I release God's word or a teaching as Holy Spirit leads.  It's an amazing time.  So refreshing! 

Back in June 2017 the LORD lead me to do a marriage conference.  Now, let me say this, I was not qualified to do this at that time.  As you read my testimony, you will know why I say this.




TESTIMONY


After our Reviving Dry Bones gathering on May 18th, I sought the LORD for what He would want our June gathering topic to be.  His response “MARRIAGE”...I knew from the moment He spoke of it, I would become the message.  What do I mean? Well, my marriage of 11 years was not necessarily all it should be. Despite all the prayers and efforts, it just seemed as though the wall was rising up higher - separating us.  We’ve had our share of struggles to say the least.  So much so that I was contemplating separation at the end of May.   However, the preparation for this message began.  Through out the month before our gathering “Satan, You Can’t Have My Marriage” in June, the LORD placed me in the fiery furnace.  The dross that surfaced, He wiped away.  He showed me what it contained.  There was the process of healing and deliverance from wounds, offenses, words, jealousy, pride, unforgiveness, bitterness, resentment and a hardened heart.  In my eyes, I thought I was all good and the one that needed to be refined was my husband!! Well, lo and behold!  Self-righteousness and pride will deceive you.  Ouch and Amen!  Things were slowly changing in our relationship that month as I allowed the LORD to lead me in all things.  Even moments when I wanted to address something, He would lead me to silence.  I knew I was being humbled.  Whereas I normally would react, I learned to respond.  I made a choice to forgive my husband and not leave although my husband did not know I had made that choice.  The LORD reminded me that even though my husband was not in a right place, but through my behavior he could be won over!  (1 Peter 3:1)

When June’s gathering approached I invited my husband but did not pressure him.  The day before as we were discussing the gathering, our conversation was not agreeable on certain subjects regarding marriage.  However, I knew to drop it.  I knew then that he was not going to attend.  I’m sure he felt I would put him on the spot.The next day I was feeling down at the thought that he would not go.  I was hoping something would give on his part if he attended.  Well, in the afternoon I received a text that he wanted to go to support me.  I was shocked and excited.  However, the excitement turned into fear!  “Oh, my God!! He is going to be there!  How can I freely be myself!”  If you know me, I am very transparent.  I don’t pretend to be anything I am not.  And surely my marriage was not picture perfect.  As if any are, right?  Understand that my husband has never seen me preach!  I was nervous. I prayed that I can be me and not compromise for his sake.  There was two ways this night could go: love (reconciled) or war (separation)!At the gathering, as I was speaking the LORD lead me to publicly ask my husband for forgiveness.  It was emotional for me and I didn’t know how he would react. He didn’t at that moment.  I continued on with my message.  I was so thankful to God that I was not nervous nor did I compromise! I wouldn’t look towards my husband because I didn’t want to see any type of reaction!  So I was focused on the task at hand. 

At the end of the message, my husband came towards me and gave me the biggest and strongest hug and I hugged him just as hard.  I felt something break inside of me.  My husband for the first time told me how proud he was of me.  He was so amazed at how I brought the message and how the people were receiving.  He then whispered in my ear “I’m sorry too”..... That evening I saw my husband come alive! The next day we talked like we’ve never talked before! He told me how something broke inside of him! He said he sees me with different eyes and has a newfound respect towards me!  We had an amazing time and God has been drawing us closer and closer.  Everything the enemy had stolen from us: communication, intimacy, love, respect, honor, passion and joy - was being restored! 

There was so much I couldn’t relay in the gathering about marriage for sake of time.  However, the LORD lead me to do a part two “God Revive My Marriage” in July.  My husband was excited and so was I.  We had a small group.  My husband shared as well!  That was a big thing!  We had so much fun talking (keeping it real) and sharing with others about how we can make our marriages flourish and honor the covenant between man, woman and God.  Glory Hallelujah!!I share this testimony with you because I want you to see three things:

If I had listened to the enemy that was telling me how unqualified I was to speak about marriage because of my own issues,  I would have missed the opportunity for God to intervene as He did. 


  • REMEMBER THAT GOD DOES NOT CALL THE QUALIFIED BUT QUALIFIES THE CALLED.  BE OBEDIENT AND STEP OUT! 


  • God works in mysterious ways!  HIS THOUGHTS ARE NOT OURS NEITHER ARE HIS WAYS! Never did I imagine that He will use this marriage gathering to reconcile and revive mine!


  • THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD!!!  When you allow God to humble you, despite who is right or wrong in the relationship, you give Him access to do the miraculous! 


God is a God of perfect timing!  His plans are better than ours.  Nothing is too far gone that He cannot grab hold of.  He takes broken things and makes something beautiful.  Do not lose hope!  If your marriage is dry,  God can make it come alive!  I prophesy to the dry marriages and I say to you “O’ Dry Bones hear the word of the LORD - YOU SHALL LIVE AND NOT DIE” in Jesus Name!!

I will be sharing these marriage sessions in other locations as the LORD permits.  He desires that ALL marriages be revived and be blessed! 


MARRIED FOR LIFE! Thank you LORD! 

Blessings and love, Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of this Page: